WRDS is the gold standard financial data provider for corporate, academic and government clients. Our subscribers demand the reliability and speed that only WRDS can provide.
Backed by the integrity and business leadership of the Wharton School, Wharton Research Data Services provides the most accurate, comprehensive research tools and data infrastructure to corporate, academic, and government clients.
Data you can trust. Information you can access. Serving over 400 institutions globally, Wharton Research Data Services specializes in data management, infrastructure and research support to provide the global financial community obtain the knowledge it needs to move forward.
WRDS provide clients with the best support in the industry. We’ve earned a reputation for exceptional service that distinguishes us from the rest. Clients get more than access to data – they get knowledge, efficiency and accuracy.
“The seamless access to Wharton’s financial data sets has been a key component of my curriculum development. It has influenced my lecture style, which now combines a formal lecture with a directed recitation. This teaching technique allows the students to see the data unfold in real time.”
– Dr. Michael Phelan, Associate Professor of Statistics, The Wharton School Publication: The Wharton Research Data System, Information at your fingertips; April 1995
“It raises the performance bar – and expectations – for students and faculty alike. It takes the chore out of analysis and places added emphasis directly on critical thinking, which is what students should be doing.”
– Robert W. Holthausen, Nomura Securities Co. Professor of Accounting and Finance, The Wharton School Publication: [email protected]; September 1, 1999
“Once again, you guys are on top of it. I really, really, really appreciate your quick response and I am grateful for the wonderful and prompt responses that I get to any question I ask. It is truly a pleasure to work with your team. Thanks again.”
– Eduardo Tinoco, Librarian, University of Southern California
“The beauty of the system is that wherever you go, whatever system you use, the data are accessible and appear in identical form. It reduces the time researchers spend extracting data and allows them to concentrate on analysis.”
– Professor Richard J. Herring, Jacob Safra Professor of International Banking,
The Wharton School
“WRDS offers a “complete package” for academic and professional business research: Financial and markets data from the most reliable third-party sources; a convenient data access interface tailored to research applications; a PC-SAS link with sample programs that allows you to access and manipulate data directly from your personal computer; and a responsive technical support staff. Put simply, WRDS is the only single source solution for your business research needs.”
– Bruce Johnson, Professor, University of Iowa, Henry B. Tippie College of Business
“The primary motivation for obtaining WRDS was to increase the efficiencies of the researchers within the Center. Before WRDS, supporting personnel were needed to upgrade and maintain all databases. The acquisition of WRDS allows the researchers to focus on data analysis rather than data acquisition. We no longer have to be concerned about changing all of our individual access programs because WRDS maintains and updates the databases and interface.”
– Paul Chaney, Professor, Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University
“I wanted to express my pleasure with the WRDS system and support. It took me just 5 minutes to download data. I have requested assistance from the WRDS staff on several occasions, and have always received prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable assistance. Furthermore, I have found the WRDS sample programs to be extremely helpful. If only WRDS had been available sooner, my cv would be much longer.”
– Judith A. Chevalier, Professor of Economics and Finance, Yale School of Management
“WRDS is the gold standard for a research and data platform and has been indispensable for my research. WRDS has been an important contributor to the development of empirical research in academic finance over the last decade. The professional and technical staff at WRDS are always a few steps ahead of the needs of finance academics.”
– Robin Greenwood, Associate Professor, Harvard Business School, Harvard University
“Data that are accurate and free of selection biases are essential for our business and WRDS has been an important part of our development and growth. From raw data that enables us to run regressions to specialty datasets that give us a competitive edge – WRDS has exceeded our high expectations.”
– Terence Lim, Founding Partner, Arwen Advisors LLC
“The WRDS platform provides a valuable resource to the SEC by managing and structuring important datasets that are used by our economists in providing sophisticated and data-driven economic and risk analyses in support of Commission rule making and policy development.”
– Jim Mayo, Securities and Exchange Commission
- S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Financial Institutions data now available on Wharton Research Data Services Philadelphia, PA (BusinessWire) –Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS), the leading data research platform and business intelligence tool for corporate, academic ...More »
- Wharton Research Data Services Adds Cortellis Life Sciences Data – Expanding Healthcare data offerings Philadelphia, PA (BusinessWire)– Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS), the leading data research platform and business intelligence tool for corporate, academic ...More »
- WRDS Adds ProPublica’s Award-Winning Data on Physician Prescribing Habits and Medical Industry Payment Philadelphia, PA (BusinessWire) —Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS), the award-winning data research platform and business intelligence tool for corporate, academic ...More »