Academics in IT, accounting & finance should attend the June 9-11 XBRL International Conference: Better Data for Better Decisions in Orlando Florida. Save almost 60% off registration with special academic rates!
XBRL is required for US public company financial statement reporting and in April, legislation was signed into law mandating structured data for all US government reporting. Australia and the Netherlands require XBRL for government reporting and this kind of program is being considered in other European countries and Canada. Academics, regulators, accountants, technologists and financial market stakeholders from around the world are coming to learn and brainstorm at the most important event this year for government and business reporting.
• Hear keynotes: Joel Gurin, author Open Data Now, NYU E-Gov Lab; Linda Powell, Chief Data Architect, US Treasury; Ito Warsito, head of the Indonesian Stock Exchange; Cees de Boer, Dutch SBR Council
• Learn technical implications of the US’ DATA (Digital Accountability and Transparency) Act
• Discover how Australia and the Netherlands have reduced government red tape and cost through Standard Business Reporting programs
• Learn the business case for XBRL in corporate actions and find out about a successful pilot program
• See demonstrations of new analytical tools, made possible through XBRL data
• Find out about data transparency initiatives already underway at US Treasury; discover the challenges of Big Data for federal government
• Participate in an interactive workshop on successfully implementing an XBRL program in your own regulatory environment
• Attend technical sessions for updates on new specifications
Speakers represent US Treasury, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), plus the Dutch Center for Standards, Netherlands Tax & Customs, her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC), along with financial speakers from BNY Mellon, Citi, the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), SWIFT, FINRA and more. Hear speakers, case studies and demonstrations from the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Learn more and register at http://conference.xbrl.org.
Be sure to indicate your academic status to save!