Supporting over 450 institutions globally, WRDS provides the leading business intelligence, data analytics, and financial research platform to global institutions ̶ enabling comprehensive thought leadership, historical analysis, and insight into the latest innovations in research.
WRDS offers a competitive resource solution or a complement to existing internal services.
Data on WRDS
WRDS hosts an extensive collection of databases and computing resources covering financial, economic and marketing disciplines. Our subscribers – from Harvard University to the Securities and Exchange Commission – demand 100% reliability and exceptionally fast results. They rely on WRDS to handle the level of analysis and financial modeling required by leading businesses today.
Working with multiple vendors, we provide the broadest collection of data and most robust computing infrastructure to give users the power to analyze complex information at speeds of up to 400MB per second.
But data is only part of the story.
Trust, accessibility and client support come together with WRDS to create the most robust, integrated research system in the world.
Our business is data storage, management and access for clients who demand verified knowledge that’s backed by the credibility and leadership of the Wharton School.
- 350+ terabytes, data agnostic – multiple databases giving clients full choice of information and search functions
- Reliable infrastructure – data loaded, updated and managed by professionals in state-of-the art systems
- Rigorous data review and validation by top-tier academics and experts
- Exceptional research support
Data sources include S&P Global Market Intelligence, NYSE, CRSP, Markit, FactSet, and Thomson Reuters. For a full list of available databases click here.
Multiple Delivery Options
Data is worthless if it’s inaccessible. No other data management system offers these flexible delivery options.
- Web interface that works wherever you do. Research one firm or several hundred firms simultaneously.
- WRDS Cloud allows for on-demand access to unique infrastructure producing results with greater proficiency vastly shorter processing periods.
- Researchers with stronger programming skills can access the WRDS client server using PCSAS Connect (the power of a Unix system in a familiar Windows environment), C, Stata, Matlab, R, Python or SAS.
WRDS makes the world’s most reliable and referenced data sets easily available in a consistent format, allowing clients to search faster and more effectively.
- Easy to access and navigate
- Multiple, client-focused data delivery options
- Groundbreaking WRDS Cloud for complex, integrated research
- Efficient, fast search and analysis
- Doctoral-level research and technical support
The WRDS Analytics team gives our clients the confidence to tailor research within complex databases and create a wide range of data models including Portfolio Construction & Benchmarks, Event Studies, Returns and Market-to-Book Ratios and Momentum.
More importantly, WRDS replicates existing research to ensure the accuracy and reliability of existing data models – giving clients’ confidence in their data results.
Our programmers’ deep knowledge of database functionality allows us to create and then share established code with clients so they don’t have to reinvent the wheel on common queries. Navigate essential information and create data models that work.
The WRDS Support Team of doctoral-level Specialists answer all questions relating to research and data. Our staff is deeply knowledgeable about our customized, trademarked analytics and tools, helping clients navigate their research accurately and efficiently. We have earned a reputation for exceptional support that distinguishes us from other data providers. Offering guides and tools geared toward users at all experience levels. We have a multitude of documentation – data overviews, vendor manuals, release notes, research guides, to get you started.
Not only that, WRDS offers video tutorials about our datasets, programming techniques, and user tips from our Research team. We also provide one-on-one support from a team of researchers and technical specialists. If you are looking for basic information or have technical questions about research programming.
WRDS Consulting services draw on the extensive experience of our doctoral-level researchers to help you gain critical insights from today’s complex business and financial fields.
Our methodology combines the industry’s most respected scholars and researchers, advanced analytics and global data services to provide your organization with an extensive set of financial solutions.
- The capacity to develop financial algorithms – from simple benchmarking to complex valuations and back-testing
- Expertise in proprietary data loading and integration – combining client data securely with commercial data subscriptions