Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is pleased to announce the inaugural Wharton Research Data and Analytics Librarian Conference (WRDAL) at Penn Wharton China Center (PWCC) in Beijing, China. This conference will be held from Wednesday to Friday, August 21-23, 2019.
WRDAL is designed for university academic librarians, and other information professionals working in higher education, who support researchers in business, economics and related disciplines. WRDAL will provide attendees with a dynamic forum to share best practices, present emerging initiatives and expand professional networks.
This unique program is open to information professionals in the Greater China region, the Asia Pacific area and other countries to participate in this program. Our program will be presented in both English and Mandarin.
Our inaugural keynote speakers include Marcella Barnhart, Director of Lippincott Library of the Wharton School and a regional co-chair (to be announced).
The program of WRDAL 2019 will include:
- Keynote (invitation by program committee)
- Panel Discussion (invitation by program committee)
- In-depth topical sessions (30-60 minutes – based on Call for Contributions)
- Lightning Talks (5-15 minutes – based on Call for Contributions)
- Exhibitor Forum
- Reception with WRDS Advanced Research Scholar Program attendees
SCOPE: The conference will deal with topics related to digital research resources and analytics. We welcome submissions of original works including, but not limited to the following:
- The research cycle: Which services are needed?
- Measuring impact of services: (Where) are we adding value?
- Fund raising and digital resource optimization
- Use of data: Questions of trust relating to the usage of data
- Tools and technologies: Maximization of existing tools, standards, and protocols
- Data mining and visualization
- Digital transformation
- UX-User experience
Abstracts should contain the title of the presentation and a description of major findings or experiences. Please describe why this is new or innovative and/or why this information is beneficial for the audience. Please submit an abstract of your planned presentation with a maximum of 2,000 words.
SUBMISSION: To be considered for this limited seating program, please send abstract in English or Chinese (pdf format) via email to [email protected].
ACCOMMODATION: The conference committee waives the registration fee for all participants. Invited speakers will be provided with meals during the conference and up to two nights at the conference hotel. All conference participants are responsible for their own round trip travel expenses.
Abstract Submission: May 15, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: May 30, 2019
Registration deadline: June 1, 2019
Conference dates: Beijing (China), August 21-23, 2019
For queries, please contact the organizers at [email protected].