PHILADELPHIA–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS), the award-winning data research platform and business intelligence tool for corporate, academic and government institutions worldwide, is pleased to announce the addition of Calcbench to its offerings. A part of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, WRDS provides global corporations, universities and regulatory agencies the thought leadership, data access and insights needed to accelerate impact.
Calcbench tracks all types of corporate disclosures—10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, earnings releases and proxy statements, enabling researchers to connect data back to the source document for over 9,000 listed US companies, whether data are displayed prominently or buried in the footnotes. From income tax and financial statements to commitments and contingencies, Calcbench provides deep insight into critical filing information through the power of the XBRL standard. In addition, Calcbench will be offering additional information soon, including debt issues, oil and gas production and more.
“We are incredibly pleased to partner with Calcbench to create original datasets derived from the footnotes of SEC filings,” said Robert Zarazowski, Managing Director of WRDS. “Corporate disclosures are increasingly complex and hard-to-find data is often the most important data to financial researchers. I’m confident that Calcbench will be a very valuable tool for a wide array of WRDS users who need to dig deep into the sources and narratives around corporate filings.”
“Calcbench is delighted to partner with WRDS to offer our groundbreaking, interactive datasets to the academic community,” said Pranav Ghai, CEO and co-founder of the firm. “WRDS has an outstanding reach to just the audience who can use the insights Calcbench provides. We connect every piece of data back to an original SEC filing, and we provide the analytical tools so that you can find the information you need and understand its significance to a company or a whole industry group.”
- Coverage since 2010
- 9,000+ US based companies
- Calcbench exclusives including allocation and revision data
- Additional disclosures to be added
- Income Tax: Includes Unremitted Foreign Earnings, Deferred Tax Assets and Liabilities, Income Tax Reconciliation, and Effective Income Tax Rate (%) Reconciliations
- Segment Breakouts – Operating and Geographical
- Business Combinations/ Purchase Price Allocation: Both normalized metrics and line item detail of purchase price allocation— only available through Calcbench
- Goodwill and Intangible Assets Finite & Infinite: Granular, normalized metrics including future amortization expense and useful life
- As Reported Financial Statements: As reported Income, Balance, Cash Flow, Equity, Comprehensive Income
- Fair Value of Financial Instruments
- Leases – Capital & Operating: including operating leases receivable (REITs)
- Commitments and Contingencies: (other than leases) Items covered: include Asset Retirement Obligations, Product Warranties, Guarantee Obligations, 5-year projections for various contractual and purchase obligations, Loss Contingency and Legal matters
- Customer and Supplier Concentration Risk
- Stock Based Comp Line metrics and Item Detail: including costs not yet recognized, time period to recognize, and details of individual restricted Stock plans
- Share Repurchases
- REIT—Real Estate Holdings from Schedule III
- Revisions: including revised and original values in full line item detail—only available through Calcbench
Calcbench’s databases and research tools provide a new experience in researching financial and accounting data. Calcbench tracks all types of corporate disclosures—10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, earnings releases, proxy statements; more to come in the future—whether they are displayed prominently or buried in the footnotes. We have that level of detail for more than 9,000 U.S.-listed businesses. Above all, we let you connect the dots among all that data, from a numerical disclosure on one financial statement to the narrative behind the number elsewhere.
Calcbench is a proud member of the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s Taxonomy Advisory Group, XBRL US, and the Center for Data Quality. To keep in touch, follow us on Twitter, join our Users Group, read our blog, or create an account to receive our email newsletter.
Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is the award-winning research platform and business intelligence tool for over 40,000 corporate, academic, government and nonprofit users at 400+ institutions in 30+ countries. WRDS provides the user with one location to access over 200 terabytes of data across multiple disciplines including Accounting, Banking, Economics, ESG, Finance, Healthcare, Insurance, Marketing, and Statistics. Flexible data delivery options include a powerful web query method that reduces research time, the WRDS Cloud for executing research and strategy development, and the WRDS client server using PCSAS, Matlab, Python and R. Our Analytics team, doctoral-level support and rigorous data review and validation give clients the confidence to tailor research within complex databases and create a wide range of reliable data models.
From partnerships with data vendors to our own tools, including the WRDS SEC Analytics Suite and Event Study by WRDS, Wharton Research Data Services is the global gold standard in data management and research, all backed by the credibility and leadership of the Wharton School.
ABOUT THE WHARTON SCHOOL
Founded in 1881 as the first collegiate business school, the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is recognized globally for intellectual leadership and ongoing innovation across every major discipline of business education. With a broad global community and one of the most published business school faculties, Wharton creates economic and social value around the world. The Wharton School has 5,000 undergraduate, MBA, executive MBA, and doctoral students; more than 9,000 participants in executive education programs annually and a powerful alumni network of 95,000 graduates.
Wharton Research Data Services
Robin Nussbaum Gold