Register for XBRL International’s Better Data for Better Decisions, June 9-11, 2014 in Orlando Florida. Save almost 60% off registration with special academic rates!
This month’s passage of the DATA Act, sweeping legislation affecting all US government data reporting, means significant changes for technology, government and business. Academics, regulators, accountants, technologists and financial market stakeholders from around the world are coming to learn and brainstorm at the most important event this year for government and business reporting. And now with the US government poised to begin using structured data (XBRL) for all data collection, reporting and analysis, the importance of understanding this technology standard cannot be underestimated.
• Hear government-focused keynotes: Joel Gurin, author Open Data Now, NYU E-Gov Lab; Linda Powell, Chief Data Architect, US Treasury
• Learn technical implications of the DATA Act, which agencies are affected, what data is reported, which systems need to be transformed to adapt to structured data
• Discover how Australia and the Netherlands have reduced red tape and cost through Standardized Business Reporting programs, using XBRL for all government reporting
• Find out about data transparency initiatives already underway at US Treasury
• Participate in an interactive workshop on successfully implementing an XBRL program in your own regulatory environment
• Attend technical sessions to better understand how XBRL works and what benefits it brings
US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
Dutch Center for Standards
Netherlands Tax & Customs
Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC), and more
Hear speakers, case studies and demonstrations from the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Learn more and register at http://conference.xbrl.org. Be sure to indicate your academic status to save!