Free to all academic WRDS users
Access the most comprehensive, timely and accurate data available on the 10K securities that trade on the OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink Marketplaces.
WHY USE OTC DATA?
The data may be used for portfolio pricing and valuation, investment accounting, clearing and settlement, and client statement preparation.
- Closing quote and trade data on the ~ 10K securities in the OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink Marketplaces
- OTC Markets specific compliance data including OTC Marketplace designations (OTCQX, OTCQB, OTC Pink) and Caveat Emptor status
- Key security reference data including Security Type, Security Class, Security Status and Number of Market Participants
RESEARCH USING OTC DATA
Some publications using OTC Markets Group data include:
- The Twilight Zone: OTC Regulatory Regimes and Market Quality Christian Leuz with Ulf Brüggemann, Aditya Kaul, and Ingrid M. Werner.
- Asset Pricing in the Dark: The Cross Section of OTC Stocks. Ang, Shtauber, Tetlock.
- Market Microstructure of the Pink Sheets. Bollen & Christie.
- Down and Out in the Stock Market: The Law and Economics of the Delisting Process. Macey, O’Hara, Pompilio.
- Economic Consequences of SEC disclosure regulation: evidence from The OTC Bulletin Board. Bushee & Leuz.
- Private Intermediary Innovation and Market Liquidity: Evidence from the Pink Sheets Tiers of the OTC Market, Jiang, Petroni, Wang
- 238 billion in annual dollar volume traded
- 10+ trillion in market capitalization
- 1500 ADRs, Canadian securities, Regional/Community Banks, SEC Reporting Companies
COVERAGE from 9/1/2011
USERS OF THIS DATASET
- Academic Researchers
- Hedge Fund
- Private Equity
- Research Analysts
- Government Agencies
- Investment Managers
- Investment Bankers
For more information:
ABOUT OTC MARKETS
OTC Markets Group’s Open, Transparent and Connected financial marketplaces provide investors with the information necessary to intelligently analyze, value and trade 10,000 U.S. and global securities through the broker of their choice. To create clarity in the investment process, we organize these securities into three tiered marketplaces—OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink—based on the quality and quantity of information the companies make available. Our marketplaces empower companies to provide the levels of transparency necessary to create more efficient markets.Together with our SEC regulated Alternative Trading System, OTC Link® ATS, the combined transparency and transactional efficiency creates a compelling trading experience for investors. OTC Markets Group (OTCQX: OTCM) is a public company traded on OTCQX under the symbol OTCM.